So to celebrate the release of my book, and to round out my blog tour (which has been going great!), I’ve put together a week of giveaways–9I know, you’re thinking that you’ve hit the jackpot!). That’s right, every day this week (except today), I’ll be giving away great prizes to you, my readers!
All entries will be kept until the end of the week to give early entrants the best possible chance to win!
Want to know what you could win? Okay, I’ll tell you!
I’m starting off with a couple of autographed copies of Tristi Pinkston’s first two books, Nothing to Regret, and Strength to Endure, both historicals taking place during World War II. Nothing to Regret is about a man who is sent to the Japanese internment camp in the desert just west of where I live. He has to give up finishing college and leave nearly everything behind when he and his parents are forced to move there. During the course of the book he enlists and goes undercover in Japan. This is a great book!
Strength to Endure is set at the same time, only in Germany. Strength To Endure expertly portrays the consequences of war and the ability of the human spirit to conquer all.
Both of these books are out of print and even the author has no more copies left–this is it folks. Tristi has since written another historical, Season of Sacrifice; a romantic mystery/suspense Agent in Old Lace; and has a hysterical cozy mystery series coming out starting next year, called Secret Sisters. (I know, I’m in her critique group, and I can’t wait to see these books in print!).
1) A couple of years ago I had the privilege of critiquing a manuscript for my friend Ronda–it kept me hanging on to the very end–so I was thrilled when she announced it was being released the same time as mine!
I’m giving away a copy of Missing, donated by new author, Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen. This mystery/suspense story with romance elements will keep you gripping the edge of your seats! You can learn more about the book here, or read Ronda’s blog here.
2) I’ve been hearing great things about Mike McPheters’ book, Agent Bishop about his true story of being an FBI agent moonlight as a Mormon Bishop. Mike does firesides and speaks to groups all over the place, and has been a very busy man sharing his story this fall. (I seriously have no clue how he keeps up with it all). I’m totally excited to offer a copy of his book! You can learn more about him on his website.
1) I love vinyl signs and the easy personality they share, so I was really thrilled when Valerie Ipson offered to donate a $15 gift certificate from Vinyl Expressions. She has lots of cute designs and ideas! Check out her website here for more!
2) Do you like intense political thrillers? If so, you’ll love winning Steve Alten’s The Shell Game! This New York Times best-selling author is known for his book MEG, about a huge shark that lives in the Mariana Trench, along with several other major suspense books. He spoke at a conference I attended last spring (via Internet) and I’m telling you, the man is a meticulous wordsmith. Learn more about him and his upcoming titles at his website.
1) You may not have picked up from my blog posts (here, here, and here) that I like to bake, and I enjoy cake decorating a lot. (Oh, you did, well, then, you won’t be surprised by tomorrow’s post). I blame my parents for getting me started, and Kristi for egging me on. In fact, because I was having so much fun, I decorated a cake for Tristi Pinkston for her book launch for Agent in Old Lace, and I used an edible image of her cover.
Kristi’s Creative Cakes (based out of the Salt Lake Valley) offered a free edible image using your photo or image and shipped to you (within the U.S.) free. If you live on the Wasatch Front and need a whole cake, she’s willing to credit the winner $15 toward the price of a finished cake (which is at least half again what the edible image is worth, even shipped!). And let me tell you, she makes gorgeous and totally delicious cakes for weddings, birthdays, showers and any other occasion you might need. Learn more about her cakes on her blog. Her regular website is still under construction, but can be found here. The edible images are very simple to apply to your own cakes.
2 Who doesn’t need a little magic? A little suspense–fighting against the bad guys and knowing somehow, in the end, the good will at least survive to fight again, if not attain a full victory? Reiyalindis is a YA fantasy which I haven’t had a chance to read yet and I have been hard-pressed to keep my husband from snatching it up to read it instead of letting me give it away. You can learn more about Cory and the book here.
I have three giveaways this day–that’s right, three.
1) We’ll start off with Bone Warriors, by Bron Bahlmann, the fifteen year old who has already broken into the publishing business. This adventure/fantasy is sure to keep you hooked. it’s gotten great reviews. Bron’s been doing school visits and signings all over the state. You an learn more about him here.
2) Next is Anne Bradshaw’s newest offering, Famous Family Nights, which stories from much beloved personalities such as Allen Osmond, David Glen Hatch, Josi Kilpack, Suan Easton Black, and many more. Check out Anne’s blog (where she does weekly giveaways), and her website.
3) And finally (I did mention how much I love cake decorating, right?), we have His and Her Treasures’ donation of a $10 gift certificate to their store, which you can find here. Not only do they sell cake supplies (pans, tips, bags, colors, cake boards, etc), but they have candy supplies (melted chocolate wafers, molds, pretty bags and sucker sticks), sprinkles, color sprays, decorated cupcake liners, wedding supplies, baby shower items, and much more. They ship all over the world and have a much better selection than any cake store I’ve been able to find in Utah, and better shipping rates than most anywhere.
If cakes’ aren’t your thing, they also sell vinyl for Cricuts and similar machines, transfer tape, pet supplies and costumes for both pets and humans (eclectic place, isn’t it?).
So, now that you know what you can win, you probably want to know how—because that does tend to improve the odds.
There are several ways to earn entries—
First, for one entry simply leave a comment on this post. Make sure I can reach you, either through a blog or by leaving an email address for me to contact you with. If I don’t hear back from you within 24 hours, I’ll draw again.
Next, for two entries, post on your blog about the giveaway, and link them back to this post (the permalink, not the general blog address), then leave me a comment saying that you’ve done so.
For two more entries, post a link to the contest on your Facebook account. If you aren’t my friend on Facebook already, you’ll have to become one so I can check out your post.
For four entries, post this cute blog button in your sidebar for the week, with a link back to this post.
And for five more entries, post my trailer on your blog.
That’s 14 possible entries into the contest. Fourteen chances to win!
If you want to do several things in one blog post, I’m totally good with that. Just make sure to let me know by email, or a comment on this post what you’ve done so I can make sure and get your entries listed. I’ll post back here every day with the winners!
Today’s tour stop:
I forgot to mention Keith Fisher’s review on LDS Writer’s Blogck, which you can find here.
wow these are great giveaways. Would love to win one of these great books.
Ditto! I would love to win, too! I love to read- especially romance novels 🙂 Email: [email protected] and my blog is: http://www.travisandelissa.blogspot.com
PS- i posted it on my blog as well.
Here is my comment – I have also posted on my blog about your give aways. I think I also put it on facebook (unless it didn't work). I have inserted your blog button on my sidebar (right at the top) and I've also put a link to your trailer on my blog page. As far as I can tell I have entered as many times as possible so please put my name into all the contests.
You are amazing. An author and a giveawayer.
jc (at) utbiz (dot)net
I posted it on facebook. I hope you get some more traffic. By the way, great book. Fun read.
jc (at) utbiz (dot) net
You are awesome, Heather! And I'm posting it on my facebook!
Here's my first entry, but I will be back after posting stuff on my blog! Sounds like lots of fun!
I'd love to enter! My blog is http://www.sixldswriters.net.
Congratulations on your second printing! I was very excited to see your book in our local LDS book store here in Houston.
Pick me! Pick me! 🙂 Great giveaways! And congrats on a 2nd printing!
Did I forget to leave how you could get me? Oh AND I've posted on my blog now
Send me an Inbox on facebook if I win. <3 you – Laura Grizzle Zemp
What a fabulous assortment of fun giveaways.
Thanks ladies! I'm totally excited about all of the things I'm giving away this week.
Janet, I'm so glad you liked the book, thanks for letting me know.
Penny–I have yet to walk into any store where I wasn't doing a signing and find the book on the shelf, so I'm totally glad to hear you found one. I'll have to check out some DB and Seagulls on the way up to my signing at Barnes & Noble on Saturday.
I would love to win any one of your great giveaways. I'm not computer savvy enough to link posts from my blog to yours, so I guess this is my one and only entry. 🙁
Email: [email protected]
Awesome fun giveaways. I'm blogging it right now, and posting the button thingie on my sidebar.
Then when I get to Facebook, I'll mention it there as well.
And I already follow you. =)
Jamie, posting a link is easy, just mention it on your blog, copy the URL for my post (not the blog–you do this by clicking on the post title, and it'll pop on the correct URL in your address bar.) then make your blog post and paste the link in there. Easy Peasy!
I did everything, plus I tweeted about it too. 🙂 so all 14 entries + extra credit, hee, hee!
Here is to wishing you a mighty fun week doing this contest. And great luck with your book too!
What great stuff you're giving away; please enter me.
Okay Heather, I've blogged about your giveaway and posted your book trailer.
WoW! What an AMAZING giveaway! I couldn't choose any one day I hope to win on over any other …. they were all awesome! Thanks for having such a resourceful blog! You'll definitely be seeing me comment here every day 😀
Got your all entered! Thanks!
A great Giveaway week Heather!! I'm going to post your button now. Later I'll do a blog post and come back with a link! 🙂
What fun giveaways!! I'm posting the button on my sidebar on my blog!:)
I love giveaways, and these look great. I may have to start a blog just so I can enter all of the times… but for now I posted a link on facebook and am commenting here. Glad things are going well for you!
Hi Heather. You are so fabulous! I love your mummy cupcakes. If it's not too late, I would love to enter into your contests. My blog is dkfarrkids.blogspot.com
Your cuz, Kristi
Those are some great give-aways!
Heather, your trailer link goes to 'I Wanna Be a Bestseller' 🙂
I posted on my blog!
These look like great giveaways.
Congratulations on your book and a great week of giveaways. I just posted about it on my blog. Hope I win! But if not, some other lucky person will. Thanks for the opportunity.
Great giveaways! I'm always up for some more books!
mtakala1 AT yahoo DOT com
I think that these books sound so amazing. The cake looked wonderful.I have read Agent in Old Lace and loved the story. All the other books also sound amazing.
I Posted a link to your Blog Contest on My life of Elizabeth Morgan blog. Thanks You are a amazing.
I posted a link to your trailer on my blog. It is a really amazing trailer. My blog name is Life of Elizabeth Morgan.
I Posted a link on the side of Writers Block for your button. The picture did not work but the link is right there at the top.Thank You!
In connection with my post about it not working I got it working and figured out. Thanks.
Is it tacky to enter if I am part of the giveaway? I'd love to win any of these books!
I'll go now and add some things to my blog about your contest.
Heather, I added your trailer to my sidebar on my blog. I want to add your button, but where do I find the code to that?
Count me in. If I win, you can email me at cindybeck(dot)author(at)yahoo(dot)com
Hi, Heather! Congratulations on your book release! Thanks for this great giveaway.
I am a new follower and subscriber.
gcwhiskas at aol dot com
please enter me into this give away, I am a follower
I blogged about the contest and linked it to your blog and put your book trailer on my blog.
+2 for blog post here:
+4 posted the button!
BTW- My first entry was under "Martha" cause I didn't realize I was logged in under other e-mail! 🙂
Hey Heather! I wanna win! But, who doesn't? he he
Hey Heather! I wanna win (who doesn't?!?!)!
I linked on my facebook account. Ooo such fun things to win
What a great contest! Makes me want to make a cake with my daughter when she is feeling better.
Fun giveaways! I want in too! I posted on FB, put your contest on my blog, and posted your cute little button on the side bar. I posted your book trailer on my blog when your book came out, does that count?
I got you to Danyelle! This is so much fun!
Congrats on your release!!
You have some great giveaways listed. Missing sounds like a great book too.
bacchus76 at myself dot com
Heather – my friend turned me on to you and your giveaway! She won a book! So I thought I would check out your blog. Love it already- and having a dog, a cat and backyard chickens myself..I knew it had to be good! haha
So I posted your wesite, youtube and your cute button on my FB.
Thanks and wishing you well on your new book!
Fabulous giveaways!! Count me in! 🙂
My computer was down so I've missed registering each day :(. I'm now trying this from my iPod… Hopefully it works! Count me in for the contest!!! I'd love another good read 😀
I added you to my blog. Did you add yourself to GWLW?
I'm working on the links now, and will send email to WIB!
You wrote a very interesting article. And I agree with you. hair loss