Last week I promised a taste (ha,ha) of my new book so below you’ll find the first two chapters of Brownies & Betrayal, at this link, and the recipe for Rocky Road Brownies below–it’s super delish. This started out as a family favorite brownie recipe that was often requested at church activities and then I started adding extra awesomeness to it. Enjoy!
Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
Yield: 9x13 pan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups melted unsweetened chocolate chips
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp cocoa
- Mix, then add: 2 ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Cup pecan bits
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chips
- 4 Cups miniature marshmallows
- Mix the sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and cocoa until smooth. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every twenty seconds until smooth Cool and mix in rest of it.
- Add the baking soda and salt, then the flour, mixing between cup fulls. Add the nuts and chocolate chips into the batter, mixing well, and pour into greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- I usually use a spray oil like Pam or Vegalene, then flour the pan to keep it from sticking. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, adding mini-marshmallows to the top of the pan for the final five minutes or until the marshallows on the edge just start to turn golden. The marshmallows will cut better if you let the brownies cool most of the way first.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 340Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 42mgSodium 194mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 3gSugar 26gProtein 6g
Nutrition data calculated and provided by Nutritionix.