Wednesday was National Bubble Bath day, and when I mentioned my homemade bubble bath I had some people ask how it was made, so I thought I’d share the super simple directions here.
I first found this recipe on Apartmenttherapy.com. It has clean ingredients free of crazy chemicals–Comfrey from my book Last Chance would totally approve. =)
Make your own custom-scented bubble bath
Yield: About 5 cups
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
This bubble bath is free of the crazy chemicals that fill so many of our beauty and pampering products and can be scented however you like. I made a big batch of this to give as Christmas gifts, but I made sure to keep some back for myself.
- 4 Cups of distilled water
- 4 oz castille soap
- 3 oz glycerine or coconut oil
- Scent. I made a quadruple batch and used 10 drops each of White Angelica, Peace and Calming, and Patchouli essential oils. It gave it a clean, slightly floral scent that is very calming.
- Glass measuring cup with a spout
- Bottle or jar to put it in
- Mix the ingredients and pour into a bottle of your choice. You may want to stick to plastic since it'll be around the tub.