Last week I promised a taste (ha,ha) of my new book so below you’ll find the first two chapters of Brownies & Betrayal, at this link, and the recipe for Rocky Road Brownies below–it’s super delish. This started out as a family favorite brownie recipe that was often requested at church activities and then I started adding extra awesomeness to it. Enjoy!
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups melted unsweetened chocolate chips
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp cocoa
- Mix, then add: 2 ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Cup pecan bits
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chips
- 4 Cups miniature marshmallows
- Mix the sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and cocoa until smooth. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every twenty seconds until smooth Cool and mix in rest of it.
- Add the baking soda and salt, then the flour, mixing between cup fulls. Add the nuts and chocolate chips into the batter, mixing well, and pour into greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- I usually use a spray oil like Pam or Vegalene, then flour the pan to keep it from sticking. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, adding mini-marshmallows to the top of the pan for the final five minutes or until the marshallows on the edge just start to turn golden. The marshmallows will cut better if you let the brownies cool most of the way first.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 340 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 42mg Sodium 194mg Carbohydrates 47g Fiber 3g Sugar 26g Protein 6g